6603ASJ 3 Ton Aluminum Lift Jack from Sunex
Today’s thoughts will be about a product we’ve been eyeing from Sunex. The specific model is 6603ASJ which carries a 3 Ton capacity. As a quick highlight, Sunex Tools is a company based out of South Carolina from their website, and has been around since 1977 so theres longevity in their business. Let’s get into looking at this specific product, and if you should use it for your car maintenance needs.
Lightweight Floor Jack
Let’s get into the first reason we like it. It’s made from Aircraft Grade Aluminum which makes its strong but lightweight. It really is portable and you can be assured it will be easy to take with you anywhere. The weight listed on the manufacturers website is 58 pounds. It has a good 20 lb savings over many of the heavier duty floor jacks. Many of the comments on Amazon say they are really impressed with the quality for how lightweight it is.
- Rapid-Rise Technology comes from dual pump pistons which allows for the saddle to rise quickly
- On the side, you have mounted handles for easy jack maneuverability
- Wide track wheels for easy positioning
- The vehicle is protected by the rubber saddle pad and foam bumper pad
- Thick frame side plates and reinforced lift arm for added strength, chassis torsion control and durability
- Bypass and overload valves prevent over-extension of hydraulic ram and jack use beyond rated capacity
- Comes with a 2 piece handle so you can store it without taking up to much space in your garage
- Complies with ASME PASE-2014 Safety Standard for Portable Automotive Service Equipment
For lowered cars, this jack has an incredible lifting range. It almost lifts up to 2 feet, and the lowered height is less than a pop can in size. The Low height is 3.8″ tall, and it can go as high as 19.3″. Lots of room to get it up and do maintenance that you need (remember to use jack stands before going underneath the car). If installing a front lip kit this is great to give you range to get a drill under there!
We think this is a solid offering from Sunex and judging by the average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars on Amazon, there a lot of happy customers who have bought this. It definitely is a pricer option being over $300 dollars, but many reviews mention you get what you pay for. Which I agree with if you’re using a tool many times. If it’s only for tire changes, maybe a slightly less costly one would work, but this is definately one that you would get a lot of use out of.